Sand, Paint, Varnish. REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!! Steve started sanding as soon as the boat was back in the shed after the ship yard. The WHOLE boat got sanded on the outside (O.K. I lied. We didn’t do the masts this year. We did them last year and just did touch-ups this year.)
And I “dug into” a small issue. The deckhouse roof was fit out 50 years ago with galvanized steel downspouts. I wanted to replace one of the worse and chiseled and cut the first one out of the roof.
A crude router jig to clean up my chiseling surgery . . .
sand and . . .
and sand . . .
and sand . . . .
Another small side project. The main ship’s batteries were never properly vented to the outside, So I made a new vented box over the batteries with a small computer fan for extra venting under conditions when the batteries are gassing such as when they are equalized.
A bit of repairs near the bowstem. i am SO not a ship wright. The small piece of wood was totally non parallel, curved, slanty, tapered and generally confusing for a poor carpenter that likes right angles and parallel sides . . . . I made 3 until I got it right. . . .
Selfie . . . .
Even the deck chairs were scrubbed with scotch brite to prep them for another coat of Cetolclear gloss finish . . .
Cold zinc the stanchions . . .
Paint the deck house . . .
Paint the hull . . .
Paint the inside of the bulwarks . . .
and paint . . .
and paint . . .!!!!!!